[cmake-developers] Volunteering to fix and commit some CPackDEB bugs

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 13:25:18 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Some CPack DEB generator related bugs are pending:

http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10292 (with patches)
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10296 (with patch)
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8790 (with patch) =>
Assigned to Mathieu

I may have some spare time this week in order to handle some of them.
Shall I go on and (re)assign some of those bugs to myself and commit the
validated fix to next?

Like I just answered to Alex on CMake-ML
I do have commit right (granted for CPackRPM) but I don't want to abuse it.

Since the way of work is somehow different with git than with CVS
(when I was given commit right for CPackRPM) is it acceptable
to self-assign ?any? bug and commit the fix to next without requesting
permission first?

May be this would be acceptable for the area with limited side effect?
I mean fixing a bug of a single CPack generator looks ok,
whereas modifying the CPack generator obviously needs discussion.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org