[cmake-developers] Attention CMake Module Maintainers: We're moving to Git

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Feb 8 09:08:10 EST 2010

Hi Folks,

Kitware is moving to distributed version control for CMake in order to
better engage our growing community of developers and users.  It will
enhance our process for accepting patches and help give credit to all
contributors.

We've chosen Git to implement this move.  We're quietly announcing this
to you, our contributors, a bit earlier than the rest of the community
so that the transition of development methodology runs smoothly.  I've
prepared an experimental Git repository at cmake.org with documentation
on the Wiki:

  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git

While the history published in the experimental repository may not be
the final conversion from CVS, it will help us all get started with Git.
Feel free to push to the experimental repository but keep in mind that
it will be thrown away when we publish the final conversion.  For now
the CVS repository will remain open for official development.

I've bcc-ed CMake Module Maintainers with CVS commit privileges because
we need to get you set up with push access in preparation for the final
move.  Please consider joining the cmake-developers mailing list at