[cmake-developers] T-con/Meeting next week regarding CMake 2.8.4 planning

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Dec 9 15:29:55 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 7:54 AM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hello CMake devs,
>
> If you're on the "To" line, then you have at least one bug assigned to
> you in the bug tracker that is slated to be addressed in the CMake
> 2.8.4 release time frame ( according to
> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/roadmap_page.php ) I've cc'ed the rest
> of the CMake devs in case they are interested.
>
> We at Kitware have a meeting scheduled for next Wed. Dec. 8th from
> 10:00 am till 12:00 noon Eastern time USA. The purpose of the meeting
> is to review the bugs, and discuss anything that needs discussing in
> order to get them all resolved before we cut the first release
> candidate four weeks after that.
>
> Would any of you be interested in participating in that discussion via
> a t-con? If so, let me know, and I'll arrange for a t-con line and let
> you know the dial-in numbers.
>
> Thanks,
> David Cole
> Kitware, Inc.

We held this "bug triage" meeting yesterday, and here are some notes about it:

We are still planning to start the release candidate cycle for CMake
2.8.4 on Wed. Jan. 12, 2011. Because of that, all changes to be
considered for inclusion in the -rc1 build should be pushed to the
stage and merged to 'next' before the nightly start time on the
evening of Mon. Jan. 10, 2011.

Assuming changes are in by that time, and they all pass the 'Nightly
Expected' dashboard the next day, Brad and I will merge them into
'master' on Tues. Jan. 11. Then, we'll be ready to build the rc1 on
Wed., assuming nothing alarming in the 'Nightly 2.8 Release' dashboard
section.

After that point, we will not accept further changes for CMake 2.8.4
except for fixes for regressions and crashes.

Closed:
=====================
We closed these because they are fixed long ago, they no longer apply,
or we're just never going to do them:

Deferrals:
=====================
We decided to defer the following bugs to a future release because
there is not enough time left to complete them before the scheduled
date:

Still in progress:
The remainder of the bugs that are still targeted for potential
inclusion in 2.8.4 are listed on the roadmap:
  http://public.kitware.com/Bug/roadmap_page.php

Thanks to all who slogged through the bug list with us yesterday.
Looking forward to a solid 2.8.4 release first thing in 2011!

Cheers,
David