[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011620]: CMake + gcc 4.6 built from ports uses wrong CMAKE_C_LINK_FLAGS...

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Dec 17 14:21:59 EST 2010

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=11620
Reported By:                Sean Chittenden
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11620
Category:                   Modules
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   block
Date Submitted:             2010-12-17 14:21 EST
Last Modified:              2010-12-17 14:21 EST
gcc 4.6 built from ports doesn't accept the -headerpad_max_install_names
argument any more.  To fix, I went through and removed the flag.

/opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/Darwin.cmake  lines 36 and 37

It exists in more places than just those two, however those were the only lines
I needed to change to fix things.  I'd supply a patch, but it's clear there
needs to be a compiler version check for gcc < 4.6.

Steps to Reproduce:
% sudo port install gcc46

Try and use gcc-mp-4.6 to compile any C or C++ file using:

include(CMakeDetermineCXXCompiler)

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change