[cmake-developers] User vs CMake include mismatch handling

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 16:35:44 EST 2010

On Wednesday 15 December 2010, Brad King wrote:
> On 12/14/2010 04:45 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I merged this now into next on stage.
> > It contains:
> > - the new policy CMP0017
> > - the feature to set the default via CMAKE_POLICY_DEFAULT_CMP<NNNN>
> > - a basic test
> > - some documentation
> >
> > Please have a look at it.
>
> Good start.  Comments below.
>

> The implementation in cmMakefile::GetModulesFile should be able to check
> whether the includer is under CMAKE_ROOT and not bother with the double
> lookup and policy check unless necessary.

I didn't change this one yet.
Before the current implementation I tried a few others, and I liked the
current one most.
First get all information, then look and decide what to do.
Seemed the cleanest way to me.

I tried to incorporate all other comments, and also tried to add some
documentation about CMAKE_POLICY_DEFAULT_CMP<NNNN>, but I think you can word
it better. I pushed the changes to the branch on stage.

Alex