[cmake-developers] [ctest] xml output transformation

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Thu May 22 10:29:51 EDT 2008

Hello again,

Doing it via xsl transformations will lead to a nice separation into the
following two tasks:

  1. Teach CMake/CTest about xslt processors
A bunch of .cmake files in the Modules dir for the common xslt processors out
there (xsltproc, xalan...) will show cmake how to use each of them.

  2. Write xsl files for the ctest-{update/configure/build/test/...}.xml to
    fooUnit.xml or BarControl.xml formats
This task can itself naturally divided into subtasks:
    2a. Ant-Junit xml
    2b. Bitten xml
I've started creating ctest-xml pseudo specs by read the ctest code.  These
can be used by the xsl authors to write towards their target format.  I'll
upload them here
 - http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CTest:OpenTasks
as soon as their state is good enough.

Best,